Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface a load cell to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gns

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I part of my project is to implement a load cell to a microcontroller so that it can be used as a digital strength meter.

I use an Atmel AT89S51 (8051 family) microcontroller and this load cell (**broken link removed**) with rated capacity 1Kg.

I use this op-amp ( ICL 7611) as a differential amplifier with a gain of 100 in order to amplify the signal from the load cell.

I know that the next step is to connect the load cell with an ADC and then by calibration i will sent the approximate strength of the user to a LCD screen.

But i am not familiar with ADCs and how i am going to import the settings from calibration to the microcontroller. So i need your help in order to choose an ADC and then how to proceed with the next step.

some info that it may be helpful is that it hasn't get to be extremely accurate.

Every opinion will be helpful

Thanks u.

i have also find out about this adc (ADC0831 ) which is 8bit, is this ok for what i want to do?

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
were did you buy the load cell from please. i am also doing the same type of project. maybe we can help each other.
can you tell me from were did you buy it please?
thank you

Hi
It was given to me by the uni so i have no idea where they bought it from :(
If you want any help for the project you can ask me when ever you want.

If you have any idea how to implement an adc it will be very helpful because i haven't use adc's before:)

Thx

hi

even I use loadcell sensor interface to ARM.
Even I have the same doubts on ADC , could you suggest me some articles or ways to implement for ADC

hi
i am working in this project
for loadcell you can take it from wheting device its very cheap and you can got it from used defected one as me d some kind you can found by 40$
from shops and you can found it with adc and complete cercuit with lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.