Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to unlock at89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailanantgarg

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to unlock one of my at89s52 as unfortunately I have lost my code. I had made all three lock bits LB1,LB2Lb3 programmed due to security concern.
Can anybody tell me how can I retrieve the binary out of it.

Thanks in advance.

- Anant Garg

Forget about it and don't waste your time ..
If you know how it suppose to work - write the code from the beginning ..
And don't trust charlatans who claim that they can read the code ..

Rgds,
IanP

mailanantgarg said:
Is it illegal to retrieve your own code ?
It may Your's or Not. It may also be an attempt to open one of my chips containing my code. Who is gonna prove and what? But if you are the real author and the owner, it is your duty to keep a backup of all your work. Anyways..Yes..it is illeagal to open your own code coz once locked, no one can prove its yours or mine.
Try this link...You may get a solution or a quote. They claim to brak any locked Microcntroller..Cheers
www.break-ic.com

its illegal activity for unlock you can start from the begining

pranam77 said:
mailanantgarg said:
Is it illegal to retrieve your own code ?
It may Your's or Not. It may also be an attempt to open one of my chips containing my code. Who is gonna prove and what? But if you are the real author and the owner, it is your duty to keep a backup of all your work. Anyways..Yes..it is illeagal to open your own code coz once locked, no one can prove its yours or mine.
Try this link...You may get a solution or a quote. They claim to brak any locked Microcntroller..Cheers
www.break-ic.com

Would you send your money up front before they give you the code?
I would NEVER trust a company that operates like that.

You can learn how to do it yourself, or even easier, (and faster) just re-write the code since it is yours to begin with, you should have the knowledge on how to do it.

Technically, it is ILLEGAL, however if you are a very large corporation with endless amounts of $$$$ and you can afford the highest payed lawyers, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, reverse engineering small companies products is nothing new. All the large company would do is use their power to run the small company's legal bill through the roof, therefore bankrupting the small company.

ctownsend said:
Would you send your money up front before they give you the code? I would NEVER trust a company that operates like that.
I found them while googling and i just gave my sugession. Its up the person who wants such services, to spend or not. Personally i have not tried them niether i want to. In case i am in such delima, i choose to write my own codes again. Thaz it.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back