Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we use MOSFET and transformer in a sine wave inverter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqasakram

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing my project on microcontroller based sine wave inverter. I am starting working on it. The reason for being here is that i want to start my project from clearing the basic concepts.
I have some questions can any body give me the appropeate answers.
Q1. Why we use mosfet in our inverter.
Q2. Why we use Transformer in our inverter.
Q3. Which type of filter we use to get the the pure sine wave.

I will be wating for your kind responce.

Re: Sine Wave inverter.

Dear friend

Q1 : we can use all static relay but Mosfet is the one of static relay that can work in high current

Q2 : we use transformer to convert from 12v to 110v or 220v

Q3 : we use low pass filter

Dear friend thanks for your kindness.

Why we use low pass filter not using high paas.

Which micro controller is suitable for this project.

sorry friend have you ever study in Electronic University? if you don't you can not know
the signal out off Transformer come with high frequency so we must to use low pass to cut high frequency.

about micro you and use all of micro that you can use

but we use PWM to create this project

Dear waqasakram
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX how u gonna built a Pure sinwave Inverter as ur project,

MOD: Have an intention of helping and not use any of such words which may hurt anyone. Do not post if you cannot give an answer to the querry no matter what the question is.

You need to know how the inverter works. At a system level approach, controller makes a reference sign wave and try to control the output signal such that it will track the reference wave (offcource with some error). Due to this error factor your output will look like a wave with
Voutput = V1*sin(2*pi*f1*t) + V2*sin(2*pi*f1s*t)

Where f1 is your desired frequency of sin wave
f1s is your switching frequency for inverterr
V1 is the magnitude of output voltage
V2 depends upon how much error will be there in controller
Just plot this waveform is Excel sheet with following paramerters;
f1 = 50Hz
f1s = 10kHz
V1 = 220
V2 = 5

The things will be more clear for yuo then. Low pass filter is used to eliminate this f1s components

Sine Wave inverter.

I agree with samnang39. It seems that you have no concepts or knowledge about basic electronics. I would like to advise you to pick a inverter schematics and see how different components work. you need to learn about transistor working no matter BJT or FET. Only than you will be able to find out how FET is better than BJT. PLus you need to know what PWM is and how it is produced. You need to know how micro controller works. and believe me microcontroller is not that easy to understand. At your current level of concepts half of your FYP time will be consumed in get a proper output from microcontroller.
Bottom line: learn the basics yourself. NO one will come to spoon feed you. Google the things read your text books. If you wanna " start my project from clearing the basic concepts." then WORK HARD.

P.S. kahin say chapa lo aur fyp complete kar ka degree hasil kar lo.

That's a very nice idea Umesh49,iam also intrested in building my own sine wave inverter, but i dont know how to go over this micro controlers cos i never try anything programing of micro controlers, i build modified sine wave it works fine. but i realy want to build the pure sine wave the how do i start. thanks.

Sine Wave inverter.

kabiru,
I am not expert in microprocessor programming. I can suggest you as system level approach. You need to generate a waveform (as per shape of desired output voltage) from DAC port and need to compare this with a high frequency triangular waveform. This square wave output coming after comparison will control the switching pulses of your inverter.

But why the high freq is triangular wave not square wave or pure sine?

Sine Wave inverter.

It is very-2 basic things.. you should refer to some power electronics basic text book to understand the same; better to have a talk with some of your friend who have basic knowledge of Power Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.