Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Methods for converting USB to Parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power-Mosfet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

Any way to converter usb to parallel. I must be able to read and also write data.

Re: USB to Parallel

i think u r able to purchase a usb 2 parallel module itself.v had a project using the normal pic and these days many laptops wont come in serial ports v did purchase a module itself for usb to seial,so the possibility for a usb to parallel is obvious.

SMS language/ short hand typing is not allowed in this forum. Please use plain language

USB to Parallel

Most commercially available usb to parallel converters only work with printers. I had tried using them for programmers and found not working. Either design a converter yourself or use the one like shamikrudra advised

Nandhu

@nandhu
are you successfully run a parallel programmer using usb port?
I think it is not possible because PC side software is sending parallel data to port
so if you want to run the programmer to USB port first convert parallel data to serial then make it to send through serial or USB then again in programmer side convert it to parallel.
OR
Simply design it from scratch.

shamikrudra said:
I think this link will help you.

**broken link removed**

looks like which I need. btw have anyone tried this before?

thank you shamikrudra for the input.

pazhampashu said:
SMS language/ short hand typing is not allowed in this forum. Please use plain language

what do you mean?

Power-Mosfet said:
pazhampashu said:

what do you mean?

I think the moderator comment refers to the posting by pazhampashu such as "... think u r able ..."

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.