Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jitter measurement in PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold_kiss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nist technical note 1337

Hi All,
Can anyone help me find papers, techniques used to measure precise amount of Jitter occuring in PLL.

Any help in this regards is appreciated.
Cheers,
Gold_kiss

cadence jitter measurement tutorial

I have some stuff compiled on jitter measurements. It´s important to know that if you need jitter you must measure in time domain and if you need pahse noise then you measure in frecuency domain. It's not realiable to convert time an frecuency because measurement bandpass (aperture time) uncertities.

Below you can download an index of what I have. You can download most of papers an application notes from the web. If you cannot do it ask me. The full compilation is 35MB RAR compressed... so keep on eye on size if you have BW limitations. We can't use Elektroda for such a big file. There is some garbage there but NIST papers are images and do take a lot of space. NIST papers are available somewhere :? in **broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Basil said:
I have some stuff compiled on jitter measurements. It´s important to know that if you need jitter you must measure in time domain and if you need pahse noise then you measure in frecuency domain. It's not realiable to convert time an frecuency because measurement bandpass (aperture time) uncertities.

Below you can download an index of what I have. You can download most of papers an application notes from the web. If you cannot do it ask me. The full compilation is 35MB RAR compressed... so keep on eye on size if you have BW limitations. We can't use Elektroda for such a big file. There is some garbage there but NIST papers are images and do take a lot of space. NIST papers are available somewhere :? in **broken link removed**

Can you teach how to download all the files listed in the rar.

Thanks,

I don't have the 35MB file any more.

Most of the 35 MB is NIST 1337 document, download it from **broken link removed**

You can get all the other files from de web. I can´t upload them here because each of these files is available in other websites (I don't believe a personal compilation makes any difference) but for some time it will be available in **broken link removed**
TOC:

10/04/2007 10:14 a.m. <DIR> NIST technical note 1337
27/08/2002 06:47 p.m. 120,276 Digital Fractional-N Synthesizer janfeb1998-p38.pdf
27/08/2002 06:43 p.m. 123,959 Phase Measurement Errors june1999-p70.pdf
27/08/2002 06:43 p.m. 189,052 PLL Frequency Synthesis - survey june1999-p32.pdf

Please refer Cadence Tutorial on Jitter.It explains every type of Jutter types.Search in google..Just type Jitter,cadence..u will get.If u didnt get pleas tell me.I will give u the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.