Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a solution for Vin 1.8 to 12V , and vout~4.2V

Status
Not open for further replies.

chungming

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a power system need to design.
It input voltage down to 1.8V and up to 12V; DC but often varies with time.
Output Voltage is near 4.2V, Iout~600mA
I search for TI; they have a buck/boost converter TPS55065-Q1.
But it is very complicated than I needed.
Has there other simple method to do this.
Thanks ~!

LT1308 is a lot simpler for a SEPIC converter but only 10V input maximum (but down to 1V!). Have a look at other Linear Technology devices, there may be something to suit which is very simple.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
LT1308 is a lot simpler for a SEPIC converter but only 10V input maximum (but down to 1V!). Have a look at other Linear Technology devices, there may be something to suit which is very simple.

Keith.

Hi ~
thanks ~!
but i don't need a boost converter
My project need something like buck/boost converter

LT1308 is buck/boost (SEPIC) as I said but won't handle the input range. Quite a few controllers can be configured as SEPIC but you have to read the datasheet to find out.

Keith

keith1200rs said:
LT1308 is buck/boost (SEPIC) as I said but won't handle the input range. Quite a few controllers can be configured as SEPIC but you have to read the datasheet to find out.

Keith

p.s. Also, most of the manufacturers' online DC-DC converter selectors are useless. They always say there is no converter for my applications. I end up having to do a parametric search based on a few parameters then download & read all the data sheets of possible ones. For example the LT1308 doesn't show up as a SEPIC but it can be used as one and that method of operation is described in the data sheet.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.