Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Industrial printer powered from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirriyaz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii everyone,

I was looking for printer which can be powered from <30VDC. Does any one know about such printers because I don't want to use a DC/AC Converter for powering only printer.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I did a bit of googling for “replacement ac adapters printer”. I figure that the voltage spec will probably at least point you in the right direction. The best that I can come up with are web stores that sell the things but only for HP. Why that is I don't know, probably just bad googling on my end.

In any case, HP has about 25 different power bricks and most of them produce +32 volts. They do have one adapter that is listed on the web sites as 32/16 volts and as luck would have it, that happens to be the one that I have. The spec there is three conductors and +32/ground/+16 volts. The model number on that one is HP Photosmart 3360.

I suppose that as with most things, you can fire it up with a little bit less voltage but no bets on just how low you can go and still get reliable results. I don't know if that will work for you but you could try redoing my search and see if you come up with something more to your liking.

Thanks very much atleast now I have a direction.

How about:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ik_PS900_Portable_Thermal.html#specifications

Look for a printer that runs off USB power. (If you are using USB)

Otherwise, you should be able to find a portable battery powered, recharable printer, then either, remove the battery and connect a dc power supply directly to it, or if it comes with a wall-wart, just cut the cable and connect it to your battery.

If it needs to be isolated for just a small period of time (ie RF Shield enclosure) then use a small UPS to power it.

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back