Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP Server 24xCDROM - will support DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hanks

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HP Server 24xCDROM

Hi,
Have you ever try to remove the old CDROM from machine and replace with DVD multirecoder drive.

I bought this server with old CDROM drive. I would like upgrade the server with DVD-rom..

DO you think, HP server proliant DL380 server will support DVDROM.

Cheers,
Tom

Re: HP Server 24xCDROM

Hey Tom,

As far as the hardware goes, there really ought to be little problem doing that. The one issue that you could get stuck on would be the physical connections that the motherboard supports. There are a few standards and you will need to get a drive that matches. There are adapters that will connect a SATA drive to an IDE slot but if that is what you are looking at, it is probably going to be cheaper to just buy the correct drive in the first place.

In any case, the hardware is never really an issue as long as the connectors match. The motherboard either sees the drive or it does not. If it can connect to the old drive then you are fine on that front.

You may run into OS/driver issues. However, I would want to see a full set of specs before trying to advise you on that front. Let us know what you have and want and we will see where you are going.

Re: HP Server 24xCDROM

Certainly HP server proliant DL380 server will support DVDROM. Because the HP ProLiant DL380 Server continues to deliver on its heritage of engineering excellence with increased flexibility and performance, enterprise-class uptime and manageability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back