Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design filter with transfer function

Status
Not open for further replies.

laleh_mokhtarpour

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to design a FIR filter with length of 48, also I have the coefficients of num and den.
the length of num and den is 25.
I wanna know is it possible to design the filter with this amount of information?
your help woulb be appreciated.

Hi
You are given an IIR filter and now you have to approximate the given IIR filter with an FIR one.

Hi
There are numerous ways to design a FIR filter. One of the way is Windowing method.
In this method you suitably truncate the impulse response values. You may use this method to approximate the given IIR filter.

unfortunatly I didn't find a matlab code for designing a FIR filter which just needs transfer function and length of filter. I'm so confused :( could you pleas tell me which code is suitable for my design?

Hi
Sorry for late reply. Actually I was much busy.

You may use impulse function in Matlab to estimate impulse response of an IIR system.

@ MHanif,

say there was a 10000 samples input data to a LTI.. After knowing the IIR filter coefficients, i mean the transfer funtion coefficients, how to find the output?? randomly pick a length for the IIR filter coefficients while generating the Impulse response with the help of the coefficients is it what u meant?? but in real world the IIR is infinite rite?? how does it go about this.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back