Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem reading serial port from PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepillo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I´m communicating a PIC18 to a PC through a USB to serial converter (FT232BM).

I can see how the PIC sends/receives data using a serial port terminal software on the PC. However, when I receive data on the PIC it doesn´t receive the correct data, and when I send data from the PIC, the data I see on the PC is also corrupted.

I´m using the functions getc() and printf() on the PIC for receiving and sending data respectively.

I have checked baud rate, parity, etc is the same on both sides. What can be the problem? Thx

To make sure that the USB-to-Serial path is OK loop Tx pin to Rx pin on the serial port and type a character .. you will “see” its echo coming back to PC ..
If this part is working correctly, connecting PIC between Tx and Rx shouldn’t cause major problems ..

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.