Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for simulation an inductor with HSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate a simple L-C circuit in HSpice but i want to use spiral inductor with TSMC0.18um cmos technology , now please tell me how i can present this inductor in HSpice? how i write the netlist??

help me please help me please

What designe framework do you have ?

What designe framework is for "TSMC0.18um cmos technology" ?

Does "TSMC0.18um cmos technology" designe kit have models for HSPICE, Spectre, Eldo and ADS ?

What simulator engine do you have ?

If you can not answer my questions correctly, you don't seem to be able to understand your tool environments.
If so, it will be vain even if I advice you.

is your problem "how to include tsmc model in hspice netlist" or "how to write hspice netlist" ??? you must learn the second before you can do the first.

@pancho_hideboo:I used HB simulator engine, I use TSMC0.18um designkit (ver5) in ADS2008up1 and it has models for use in ADS , what is your means from framework?

@oermens:for transistors i dont have problem i know i can write netlist same :"M1 drain_node gate_node source_node bulk_node pmos or nmos L= w= ) and i write .MODEL for TSMC0.18um technology file but i dont know how i can write this for a spiral inductor both netlist and model.

Read the subckt definition in the model file for what ports need to be specified. There is single ended, differential, and differential w/ center tap.

rezaee said:
@pancho_hideboo:I used HB simulator engine
I don't request such answer.
I know you have ADSsim and HSPICE at least.
Do you have Cadence Spectre ?

rezaee said:
what is your means from framework?
Typical Design Frameworks are Cadence DFII, Mentor Falcon(IC Station) and Agilent ADS.

It seems you use Agilent ADS as Design Framework.
Do you have other Design Framework ?

Even in Agilent ADS, you can run HSPICE simulation.
See my append in your another post.
Here you have to use model files of HSPICE syntax.
You can dump HSPICE netlist for schematic.
But there is no utility for conveting ADS's model files to HSPICE's model files.

@pancho_hideboo:no i dont have cadence spectre,just i have agilent ADS and HSpice.let me i tell my question in the other way maybe it be clear:my question is that I have designed and simulation a PA circuit in agilent ADS with the elements of TSMC0.18um pallete.my circuit is a PA and consist of transistors and capacitors and spiral inductors now i want to simulate this circuit with same technology in HSpice.
Now my question is how its possible for me?

rezaee said:
... I have designed and simulation a PA circuit in agilent ADS with the elements of TSMC0.18um ... and spiral inductors now i want to simulate this circuit with same technology in HSpice.
So you must have an ADS model and/or netlist of your spiral inductors. If you'd post it here, perhaps somebody could help you to convert it into its HSpice counterpart

- if this isn't possible with the ADS Front End Flow tool, which "is a configurable netlister that is able to target the netlist format required for any CAD tool. The most common target format is HSpice, which is supported by many CAD tools", s. pancho_hideboo's link.

hi erikl Isnt possible for me to download the model files of TSMC0.18um suitable for HSpice from net?? (of course i dont have any account and i want model for nmos and pmos transistors and spiral inductor )

rezaee said:
... i want model for ... spiral inductor
Below pls. find a Spectre model for a spiral inductor from an older RF process. Don't know if it can be of help for you.

I dont have Spectre :( just i have HSpice and ADS . i need spiral and nmos and pmos model of 0.18um for these. Isnt possible that i find for these?

If you know syntax of netlist of ADS, HSPICE and Spectre, you can easily convert inductor model file of ADS syntax or Specte Syntax to HSPICE syntax manually.

@pancho_hideboo: i dont know syntax of netlist of ADS, HSPICE , If i post the ADS designkit to you Is it possible for you to convert it to HSPICE syntax for me?

you can see the designkit here: TSMC0.18um version 5

rezaee said:
@pancho_hideboo: i dont know syntax of netlist of ADS, HSPICE , If i post the ADS designkit to you Is it possible for you to convert it to HSPICE syntax for me?
Try by yourself.

It is very easy to convert "spiral_inductor.scs.zip" to HSPICE syntax.

rezaee said:
you can see the designkit here: TSMC0.18um version 5
See "tsmc_rfcmos018_v5a/circuit/models/rf018.net".

Code:
; Translated with ADS Netlist Translator (*) 230.300 Apr  6 2003
; **********************************************
; *             TSMC RF SPICE MODEL            *
; **********************************************
; This model has been modified for RF purppose.
;
;    PROCESS :  0.18um Mixed-Signal SALICIDE(1P6M+, 1.8V/3.3V)
;    MODEL   :  BSIM3 ( V3.2 )
;    DOC. NO.:  T-018-MM-SP-001
;    VERSION :  1.3
;    DATE    :  Aug. 19, 2004
;    ADS VERSION : V2003C
;
;******************************************************************************

Code:
#ifdef RF_IND

;**************************************************************************************************
;  3) SPIRAL INDUCTOR MODEL :
;
;    HSPICE LEVEL 49:
;
;      ## library files:
;
;     The Inductors are modeled with sub-circuit 'spiral_s*_std', 'spiral_s*_sym', and 'spiral_s*_sym_ct'
;
;      .subckt spiral_s2_std  : Standard model with space=2um(fixed w=6um,9um,15um) for Inductance varies with turn(1/4turn increments) and radius
;      .subckt spiral_s3_std  : Standard model with space=3um(fixed w=30um) for Inductance varies with turn(1/4turn increments) and radius
;      .subckt spiral_s2_sym  : Symmetric model with space=2um(fixed w=9um,15um) for Inductance varies with turn(integral turn increments) and radius
;      .subckt spiral_s3_sym  : Symmetric model with space=3um(fixed w=30um) for Inductance varies with turn(integral turn increments) and radius
;      .subckt spiral_s2_sym_ct : Symmetric model(CT) with space=2um(fixed w=9um,15um) for Inductance varies with turn(odd turn increments) and radius
;      .subckt spiral_s3_sym_ct : Symmetric model(CT) with space=3um(fixed w=30um) for Inductance varies with turn(odd turn increments) and radius
;
;         Model name           turn          rad (um)
;                           low   high     low   high
;     ------------------------------------------------------
;     spiral_s2_std  W=6um  0.5   5.5      30     125
;                    W=9um  0.5   5.5      30     125
;                    W=15um 0.5   5.5      30     125
;     spiral_s3_std  W=30um 1.5   5.5      30     125
;     spiral_s2_sym  W=9um    1     4      30     120
;                    W=15um   1     5      40     120
;     spiral_s3_sym  W=30um   1     5      65     150
;     spiral_s2_sym_ct W=9um  1     3      30     120
;                      W=15um 1     5      40     120
;     spiral_s3_sym_ct W=30um 1     5      65     150
;      ------------------------------------------------------
;
;
;**************************************************************************************************

[snipped]

#endif

There are six inductor models.
Conversion of these six models to HSPICE syntax is relative straightforward.

This file is converted from HSPICE syntax model file.
So if you search, you can get original model files of HSPICE syntax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back