Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quadrature mixer: want to keep frf+flo, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2001

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As I know Quadrature mixer only keep positive frequecy, e.g., if frf>flo, the result is fif=frf-flo, and the other portion image, flo+fif, will be depressed, that is called image injection, however, if I want to keep frequecy, frf+flo, and depress flo+if, is it can be implimentated?

looking for guru's help!

Is the flo-frf image frequecy?Is it not the 2flo-frf?

Sorry, I just make some correct on my first post.

I just want to say on Quadrature mixer, how to keep frf-flo=fif? and how to keep frf+flo=fif?

Both cases, how to apply I, Q to mixer inputs?

I think it's dependent on how you add the I-Q path after mixing RF and LO signals.

1. Vrfi*Vloi + Vrfq*Vloq will keep the frf+flo part
2. Vrfi*Vloi - Vrfq*Vloq will keep the frf-flo part

If the RF input is a real signal then using a complex mixer with I and Q you get a complex IF output with both frequency ranges. Then you could apply a image rejection filter. It is called polyphase filter. It could reject the unwanted image to some degree.

If you have a complex RF and a complex LO you mix down to IF a true single sideband. Both mixer outputs have to be added together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back