Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wave-Port Dimensions for Planar Folded-Dipole

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Ry

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm simulating a multiple fold dipole antenna for 200 GHz (lamda_g = 597.2 um). The antenna is folded 4 times (has 5 poles) for very high impedance. The antenna width and arm spacing is 0.02*lamda_g. The feed gap is 24.5 um. So I made the wave-port 24.5 by (s + w) um. Is this acceptable? Or is a lumped port more appropriate? The antenna is on Si that is about lamda_g thick and there is no ground plane. My radiation boundary is lamda_g/3 away from the antenna on all sides (dielectric side and air side). Should I increase the boundary distance to lamda_0/3 on the air side, and/or reduce the distance on the dielectric side to 1/3 of the wavelength in the dielectric (instead of at the dielectric air boundary)?

My file is attached. I just changed the file extension to *.exe so I could attach it. To open, just change it back to *.hfss. Thanks for any recommendations.

Here is an image of the antenna and wave-port. I just made it much wider. Now it extends across the other arms and not just the feed arm of the dipole. Also, when doing a port only solution, how do I view the E-field of the modes so I can check to make sure the correct modes are used for the wave port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back