Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current amplifier - need to amplify current

Status
Not open for further replies.

houly

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I would want to build a precision current generator, I saw an interesting application with a LT1167 as you can see on the schematic below. But I would want to have more current (100mA), what can you suggest me to amplify the current and not dependent of the load ?

thanks

**broken link removed**

houly said:
I would want to have more current (100mA), what can you suggest me to amplify the current and not dependent of the load ?
Use an nBJT emitter or nMOSFET source follower between the LT1167's output and Rx: Collector or drain to Vs, base or gate to pin 6 of LT1167, emitter or source to Rx.

Hi,
You can implemented an output stage with npn and pnp power transistor like shows the next figure. This stage supplies the current for the load. The additional opamp is needed to avoid distortion due to vbe of bjt transistor and to transfer the voltage signal of the primary opamp directly to the Rx.

Best regards,

Hi
Thanks a lot for your replies and sorry for my late answer, I have finally the same idea as yours jardila ! it works perfectly.
erikl, with your proposition It's not possible to have the regulation of the current : the current is dependent with the load...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back