Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Failed to install -> wp800io.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m getting msg "Failed to install -> wp800io.sys" when i start my WinPic800 software.
I haven't connected any h/w. I have selected JDM programmer & COM1 in Hardware Setting tab of WinPic800.
Plz help me !

connect the h/w
and install again

saurabh123 said:
I m getting msg "Failed to install -> wp800io.sys" when i start my WinPic800 software.
I haven't connected any h/w. I have selected JDM programmer & COM1 in Hardware Setting tab of WinPic800.
Plz help me !

please try to use the winXP as administrator and then install winpic800, that error wont come

Im using Win7-64 and Ive got a generic JDM On COM 1 Serial, and I get the same thing on the winpic800io.sys
any suggestions ?
because it is SERIAL the Hardware thing doesnt show
ive tried Run as XP-SP2 and Vista etc... anyone have any Idea's ? Id be so appreciate ! thanks in advance :)

The .sys driver is required only for parallel port programmers under XP. For your JDM, you should not require it. Instead, run the WinPic800 exe in 'Windows 98' mode.

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

Thanks you SO MUCH !!!!! I got it working on my Serial Port on Win7-64.... (Installed and also running in Win 98 mode)

1 More small question If you would happen to know..

In the past Ive programmed (on this JDM Generic)..(serial)(with ICPROG) a Pic12F629... First I had to READ the chip INTO the ICPROG and goto the bottom and look for the 4 DIGIT Code for the OSCillator, Write it down, Load my HEX, Edit that OSC Back into the program and then WRITE IT,,

Now Im using a 12F683, And WinPic800 (3.64) and Serial.
When I goto do a 12F683 do I NEED to READ it in 1st to get a OSCillator # first ?

I can also post the HEX (or email) it to you if you need to look at it first to see :)

And Thanks again for the REPLY I know the Win98 mode may have been a simple trick but I spent a HOUR last night and still didnt figure it out ;(

:)
-jeff

Hi, glad it worked for you.

The 12F629, 12F675 (among others) have an OSCCAL value that some programmer packages tend to overwrite. This is bad news. So with these chips, you have to make sure your programming software is configured NOT to overwrite these values, and/or make a note of the value for each chip.

If you have a Pickit2, the value can be regenerated easily, even on an erased device. Also, the Pickit2 software will not overwrite the OSCCAL value.

However, the 12F683 does not use the OSCCAL concept, so dont worry.

Still, the Pickit2 is a great programmer and I'd strongly suggest you buy / build one. There are so many simple designs on the i'net.

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

Anand,

Thanks for the reply again ! :)

Yea I was also like I said before able to get winpic going (using it in Win98 mode) and running the JDM Generic programmer (serial).

Thanks also for confirming that the internal oscillator isnt really in a 12F683 :)

I just didnt want to burn up a lot of PIC Chips not knowing ! Thanks to you I can move forward on my project ! :)

You're welcome!

'confirming that the internal oscillator isnt really in a 12F683' - Actually, the 12F683 does have an internal oscillator, just doesnt use an OSCCAL value like the 12F629/75 do.

Again, glad its worked out.

Anand

Ok well Ive made it through gettion the io.sys problem resolved but a programming type of error has arised ;(

Running WinPic800 on my Win 7 machine as Win98
Using a gereric JDM Programmer via Serial.

Open-Hex (no problem)
(the JDM and Windows is on the Right COM Port)...

The error is WHEN I try to WRITE the HEX I Opened (I have the Right chip (12F683)

Error -> Writing Address 0x000000
Written: 0x28 CE Read: 0x3FFF

Any suggestions ?:)
thanks in advance.. :)

transam99 said:
Ok well Ive made it through gettion the io.sys problem resolved but a programming type of error has arised ;(

Running WinPic800 on my Win 7 machine as Win98
Using a gereric JDM Programmer via Serial.

Open-Hex (no problem)
(the JDM and Windows is on the Right COM Port)...

The error is WHEN I try to WRITE the HEX I Opened (I have the Right chip (12F683)

Error -> Writing Address 0x000000
Written: 0x28 CE Read: 0x3FFF

Any suggestions ?:)
thanks in advance.. :)
perhaps your Vpp is not proper. instead of generic JDM you might use DL4YHF programmer and it has externally powered working and automatically manages Vpp first. that would help situations with internal osc and MCLR OFF.

As MVS Sarma pointed out, there are 2 possibilities; 1) your JDM cannot deliver enough Vpp and/or 2) Some chips, which have a Vpp-before-Vdd programming requirement WILL have trouble with JDM, especially when you have already burnt the chip with internal oscillator and MCLR off. This is because the JDM has no control over the Vdd line.

I would seriously urge you to buy a Pickit2, or build one. Lots of designs, my favourite being **broken link removed**

Another advantage with this design is MVS Sarma is active on both forums, so he can hand-hold you if you run into any problems building it! :)

I googled 2 hours more,finally I found a resolving method.Go to your Control panel ->System ->Hardware -> Device manager and delete the Hardware of WinPic800. Then re-installe WINPIC800.I think it is a bug of WinPic,because you can not get through it even if you uninstall the software!Since it is in the first place in google,I post it here ,Hoping it can help anybody.Best regards from China.

miao44 said:
I googled 2 hours more,finally I found a resolving method.Go to your Control panel ->System ->Hardware -> Device manager and delete the Hardware of WinPic800. Then re-installe WINPIC800.I think it is a bug of WinPic,because you can not get through it even if you uninstall the software!Since it is in the first place in google,I post it here ,Hoping it can help anybody.Best regards from China.

Thanks miao44, It is very useful information.

Thanks you SO MUCH !!!!! I got it working on my Serial Port on Win7-64.... (Installed and also running in Win 98 mode)

1 More small question If you would happen to know..

In the past Ive programmed (on this JDM Generic)..(serial)(with ICPROG) a Pic12F629... First I had to READ the chip INTO the ICPROG and goto the bottom and look for the 4 DIGIT Code for the OSCillator, Write it down, Load my HEX, Edit that OSC Back into the program and then WRITE IT,,

Now Im using a 12F683, And WinPic800 (3.64) and Serial.
When I goto do a 12F683 do I NEED to READ it in 1st to get a OSCillator # first ?

I can also post the HEX (or email) it to you if you need to look at it first to see :)

And Thanks again for the REPLY I know the Win98 mode may have been a simple trick but I spent a HOUR last night and still didnt figure it out ;(

:)
-jeff

hey i am unable to get my JDM programmer working on win7x64, can you please tell what drivers and software to use and from where to get them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back