Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Still no reply !! HFSS circular waveguide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rf engineer

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends,

I have placed 3 posts and did not get a single reply......

I request you if anyone has a guide to model and simulate a circular waveguide in HFSS.

I failed to get correct polarization of e field on ports.....so my S parameters are also not correct.

I need help from you guys.

Please give me a tutorial or respond atleast.

Rf engineer said:
dear friends,

I have placed 3 posts and did not get a single reply......

I request you if anyone has a guide to model and simulate a circular waveguide in HFSS.

I failed to get correct polarization of e field on ports.....so my S parameters are also not correct.

I need help from you guys.

Please give me a tutorial or respond atleast.

Posting your model will help people understand your problem.

Dear Friend
I have simulated a CWG with HFSS11 and 12. The problem that you show is really exist. I think that the problem is originated from degenerate modes in a CWG. In HFSS11, If you use 2 mode when defining ports and then polarize one of them you can reach true answers for S-parameters. However in HFSS12 this is not true, and the answer is approximately true. I am working on this to fix the proble. I will make you poted if I could find the answer.
Best

Dear Friend
I finally find out how to solve the problem. You should select 2 mode for each port and 2 perpendecular integration line(IL) for each mode and assign each IL to each of the these modes. Attached file show the structure and the method that I have used to solve this problem.
Best

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

jaygg

IssaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor