Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Even and odd mode impedance in HFSS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Seems the HFSS 11 or 12 has some changes in result report.

In HFSS 10 or ealier version, I see the method to extract the even and odd mode impedances of couple-line as follows in the previous post.
(1) Choosing the driven terminal (not driven modal);
(2) draw two terminal lines when setting the waveports;
(3) after simulation, you can get the differential impedance Zdiff and common impedance Zcomm. Then the even mode impedance Zeven = 2*Zcomm, the odd mode impedance Zodd = 0.5*Zdiff.

How about HFSS 11 or 12, does anyone have some idea?

Now I use driven modal, and set number of modes to 2, and get two different impedances. Are they the even/odd impedances I need?

Also, I find that in driven_terminal solution mode, we can set four terminals for a coupled line.

thx!

Hi,

I too have the same doubt as yours; does 2 modes give even and odd mode impedance values for a wave port excitation? :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back