Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: how to calculate even/odd impedance of coupled line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody:
I am sorry if this is a repeat of a trivial question. but I struggled for hours on this problem. Seems that we should use a driven terminal design, after that I am totally lost in finding the correct even/odd impedance of a coupled line.(I am assuming Agilent's tool linecalc gives me the right answer). Could anybody here help me in directing me how to setup the wave port(integration line, terminal etc. ) in HFSS to get the right value?

Thans In Advance.

Julian

Re: HFSS: how to calculate even/odd impedance of coupled lin

hi,guys. need help here

Added after 15 minutes:

could I find these impedance using driven model design?
I use driven model and setup the waveport as shown below, am I correct when I am saying that mode 1 will calculate the odd mode impedance and mode 2 for even mode impedance? I did that but get the wrong answer.

any help will be appreciated.

Julian

Re: HFSS: how to calculate even/odd impedance of coupled lin

I have the same problem... My lines always seem to be (almost) perfectly matched onto 50 Ohms, whatever distance i choose, although the LINPAR (www.eecircle.com/applets/TraceAnalyzerApplet/TA_mu_strip2.html) says otherwise.

Is there anybody with experience on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back