Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a help to find a long range Transceiver module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushan101

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a help to find a Transceiver module. which need to have a transmit range even 1Km or 2Km. Or else can I get this much of range by using an antenna ? if so which type of antenna is better ?

And also need to support multiple channels(8 channels are enough).

better if it has a SPI interface.but UART or USB also ok.

Regards to you all,

Kushan

You may get better range with YAGI antenna's on both side. TX and RX. For Increasing power of the transmission, you need a valid license in India...Cheers

U can use Zigbee wireless module from Maxstream
Data rate 250Kbps, Frequency is 2.4GHZ and select the module which will suit ur requirement.
Interface is UART

Thank you for replying.

I planned to go with XBee Pro 900 Module... which has 3KM range and 10KM with high Gain Antenna.

Still i need to know what are the issues with this module....

Again thanks for replying....

-KUSHAN-

Good luck with the range. Also if you are transmitting continuous packets back and forth you will notice packat loss using Zigbee from digi. Zigbee from Tarang has another issue. If you are sending packets more than 32 bytes, some byte are lost from the packet. So be careful using both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back