Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get calibre extract view??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh441

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have done layout for my circuit in virtuoso and did drc/lvs/pex in calibre.

I got *.pex.netlist, *.pex.netlist.pex, and *.pex.netlist.*.pxi files.

can I know how to do the post layout simulation in spectre with these files.
In config how could I change the view to these files???

When I kept o/p of PEX as CALIBRE VIEW I am getting a window to define calibre view which contains "calview.cellmap" . This is having very less syntax. does we have to deifne this file???

Can I know how would we get EXTRACTED view of my layout , where as in ASSURA I could get it directly. We are not having licence of CALIBRE CONNECTIVITY INTERFACE.

If there is any material please attach for the above problems.

Thanking you,
RamesH

I assume you have two cell views.
1) your schematic+layout+calibre (the extracted netlist using PEX)
2) your schematic testbench

When running PEX with CALIBREVIEW, you may specify that you want to open the extracted netlist (its a schematic view) for read/edit. Do so and verify that all ports are present. Check the <cellnam>.pex.netlist file and verify that you get extracted parasitics in your extracted netlist (text file).

I assume you have a config file in the same cell view as your testbench, Specify the top cell as your testbench (schematic). Choose spectre template. You should now get several cells listed in the "cell bindings" window. Right-click on the cell that you want to simulate post-layout on, and select "calibre". Save exit simulate.

It might be necessary to create the netlist in analog environment (Simulation – Netlist –
Create). It is smart to do this to verify that you are simulating on a netlist with parasitics.

Run your simulation.

hope this helps..

Thanks for your reply.

I had solved it. I created pins with metal . Instead for calibre pins have to be created with text.

I tried with text and ports were generated in the netlist which were not present in previous one .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back