Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, help for literature about circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnmate

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
i am designing an interface circuit for differential signals, such as cml, lvds at the moment.
At college i ve learned so much in analog world, and however, find that, the analog design for digital signalling is totally others...

designing an differential amp for LVDS receiver, most of the paper give us a structure, without dimensions, even if there are dimensions, theres no discussion about dimension and the interference of common-mode range. Even many dissertations and thesis about serial signalling dont talk about the interference of dimensions to performance.

in this field , most of the signalling use large signal models, the knowlege with gain factor and frequenz response are no more important.

are there some good literatures like sansen and allen, discussing those issues for digital signalling?

btw Rabaeys book about digital design read, but theres not much about differential amplifiers and so on. Ravazi s book about opto comunications has limited help, but in good direction.

big thx!! all

Sandy

I don't think you can get "cookbook" dimensions because
there are tradeoffs between speed, power, noise, area and
so on, that will demand you tailor things to suit.

thats exactly what i wondered. Since this is a case- dependent study, books describing those relationships could be written. Opamp are always with tradeoff between rf-properties and gains and so on, so we study each circuits and compare the (dis)advantages. its just because that those books are analog signal/small-signal oriented. Signalling oriented books are not very common in my view.

If you have intresss i m happy to post this dissertation, C.K. Ken Yang ,“Design of High-Speed Serial Links in CMOS,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 1998.
**broken link removed**
this paper is with the orientation which i meant, but in this field theres no quite authoritative reference.
the circuit doctor Yang proposed are quite subjective. we dont know a circuit with dimensions or structures in this paper should have best performance. i may be very rude and ignorant. i just express what i feel at the moment.

i m listening.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back