Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on Mechanical Designs of Robotic Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homosapien

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently studying Robotics and I’ve been lurking around reading up on Robotics. I am working on an industrial Robotic Arm using 7DOF and I have been out of my wits trying to get some help on this. Locally, it’s been hard for me to get some help and somehow, I thought I would check out if there were any websites/forums that might be able to help me out so here I am wondering if anyone of you would be kind enough to provide with me some designs in terms of mechanical components?

The motion that I am using is almost the same as a human arm and can hold up 3 kg of things. I want to use electrical actuators and gears, preferably at a low cost and light weight.

As I stated above, I need help on the mechanical design (mechanism) movement of the arm. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me on this. I seriously have tried getting help elsewhere and Robotics isn’t something that is big here – not yet, anyway! So here I am – trying on a forum!

Many thanks in advance!

Then links below could help :
**broken link removed**

(up to 9 degrees) at least trajectory planning could be reused.

or
**broken link removed**

but note - their software support is far from perfect.

try to specify your project requirements strictly
, yet good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back