Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can ADS be run by command or script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triple_core

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

the ADS GUI is too slow by connection it through the VPN, so does anyone know how to control ADS by command or script? I want to realize the following functions:
1. open the design project
2. open the layout design
3. do momentum simulation
4. when the simulation finish, save the layout component model.

urgent! thanks a lot!

Have you got your problem with ADS sorted? If you still did not solve it you can write an AEL commands in a file. You can start ADS from the command line by executing the following statemet
START ads.exe -m yourfile.ael

ADS will automatically starts and load the commands in your ael file.

I have also been looking for similar sort of thing for Agilent ADS. Where can find I further detail on this?

For instance, how to open Momentum, then change grid settings, open substrate file, change parameter of transmission line, perform simulation, save S-parameter data in some external file, close ADS. How can it be done?

Thanks in Advance
Vivs

Have you got your problem with ADS sorted? If you still did not solve it you can write an AEL commands in a file. You can start ADS from the command line by executing the following statemet
START ads.exe -m yourfile.ael

ADS will automatically starts and load the commands in your ael file.

- - - Updated - - -

I found question put up in following thread: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/206057/ clearly explains my requirement. But I need to a script for Momentum simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back