Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MICROSTRIP BANDPASS FILTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!

I would like to design a microstrip bandpass filter with a BW@ 3dB beetween 5.7 GHz to 6.8 GHz .

My question is what is the best topology hairpin, coupled line? what is the best subtrate?

thank you for your help

It depends on what's most important to you. One type might use less room, so
if real estate is limited one will be more favorable. If you want DC isolation the
Coupled line is good...

One point of view is:
Look at what your design tool has as examples. They typically give examples that
correlate well with their simulations .

Cheers

I can share you some information on the substrate.

Of course PTFE is the best if you can suffer the cost. RO4003 can also be used with a compromised insertion loss and price. I know FR4 and any lower spec materials could also be used, but it takes a lot of time to characterize the material.

helo..can someone teach me how to design parallel couple bandpass filter with specification, center freq=2.437GHz,upper freq=2.448GHz and lower freq=2.426GHz..??what are the steps that i must follow??

Status
Not open for further replies.