Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to sense the status of the device through micro??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanthiga

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
pls help to design a circuit. i want to check the status of the devices(light,heater) whether on or off using PIC 18F series mc?

u need Light & heat sensors to detect, another way use a current sensor if the current is draining then the Device is working

shanthiga said:
hi, pls help to design a circuit. i want to check the status of the devices(light,heater) whether on or off using PIC 18F series mc?
Frankly speaking i didnt get the idea behind your requirement. Whenever an appliance is powered, you may connect an Indicator bulb across the power line to detect its status. (Wether Powered or Not) Why do you need a micro controller there?...cheers

tx to all.. the thing is i want to control the electrical devices remotely as well i need the feedback of their status. so in my GUI i need to show their status...

if i use sensors, then i have to built different ccts for each appliances...how to use current sensor?? is this is the best solution( cost)?

four devices..incandescent lamp, heater( <1500W)..mainly for incandescent lamp..

instead of using different kind of sensors simply use the current sensors with each device, if the current is flowing it means the device is working thatz it

tx a lot .

is it cost too much? is it the best solution? may i know the schematic diagram to control incandescent lalmp( 100W)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back