Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What tests should i perform on a SMPS power supply in lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abishek007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lab testing of SMPS ?

Hi All,

I would really appreciate if some one could point me to what tests should i perform on a SMPS power supply in lab ? . Also what are the key parameters for SMPS .

Please do reply,

Regards,

Abishek Mann

Lab testing of SMPS ?

Hi,

Check the efficiency at different load current, Vout and Vin condition. Line and load transient response. Switching frequency, output ripple, reference voltage and other smps features/protection like OTP, UVP and OVP.

Cheers

Re: Lab testing of SMPS ?

Hey Thanks a lot for the information . I would apprecaite if you could be more specific on safety measurements

Thanks

Abishek

Re: Lab testing of SMPS ?

User "gauravbishnoi" has wrongly made his reply as report.

It is here
hiiiiiii parameters are given as follows..... 1- you check i/p impedence of smps. 2- first you connect black & green wire of ATX connector then you give the power(220v ac) through power cable.And check condition of smps. 3. If fan is rotating then smps may be OK.

Re: What tests should i perform on a SMPS power supply in la

output recovery from thermal shutdown protection, overcurrent, short circuit, input brown out

power up and down at various load, line conditions, different input voltage ramp rates

Status
Not open for further replies.