Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Montecarlo Mismatch worst case or Typical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgk2004

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

How does Cadence come up with its mismatch data? When you Monte Carlo can the results be trusted(from mismatch only)? Are they worst case or typical case? Does it take into consideration good layout styles (Common Cent, multiples, symmetry) or bad idiot layout styles( put stuff everywhere with nothing in common) ?

Thanks

John

jgk2004 said:
Are they worst case or typical case? Does it take into consideration good layout styles (Common Cent, multiples, symmetry) or bad idiot layout styles( put stuff everywhere with nothing in common) ?
Hi John,
I'd think they are MC, i.e. anything between best and worst case. You could calculate the probability to get a worst case result, depending on the number of runs.

Re. layout style, pls. s. my answer from Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:59

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Erikl,

One more question. Is there any reason to do a mismatch when looking at an open loop response(gain/phase)? Even when the simulation is a close loop with Middlebrook/Tian method so thus there should be a DC op which is correct?

Thanks

John

jgk2004 said:
Is there any reason to do a mismatch when looking at an open loop response(gain/phase)?
I don't think so.

jgk2004 said:
Even when the simulation is a close loop with Middlebrook/Tian method so thus there should be a DC op which is correct?
Even so, in open loop, the output could get into saturation (if the gain is high enough), by this ruins the gain & phase, and this (hopefully) won't reflect the intended application!

Rgds, erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back