Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Ares problem with ground plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using Ares 7.1SP2 and am having a problem.

I have created a PCB payout. Not from schematic, but just from packages. I want to create a ground plane to connect to my ground signals dotted about, but it just skirts around the whole design. How can I make it recognise the ground plane without restarting the entire design from schematic?

The problem was that most of the parts being used aren't in the package library to I just used the packages, which are.

Any ideas would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mark

Try right clicking on the pad "ground signal" and see if it has an option for pad shape/type, I use a thermal pad. It is not completely connected to the field plane but has 4 traces that connect it, this makes it easier to solder to because it has some thermal isolation from the rest of the board.

You'll need to assign the thermal relief style on the pads themselves ; you can't assign the plane to a net as you don't have a netlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back