Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 channels disco lights system building

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3 channels disco lights

Project based on diagrams from internet.

System description

Heart of the system is LM324 cube that consist 4 operating amplifiers. Signal from microphone is gain by one of the amplifiers. Gain regulation is step via JP3 jumper. Condenser C12 secure next chips agains DC. Then signal goes to 3 active filters. Thanks to change condensers and resistors parameters in those filters we can match work frequency of each channel. Active filters deliver better channels separation then passive filters.Signal from filter is putting to BC547 transistor that steer the optotrac work. I used MOC3031 optotrac that consist in it's structure, detector of passing through zero. Thanks to that turnic on the triac have place only at phase passing throguht zero that prevension against noise to electric network.

As a power supply i used USB charger ( I had bought at the internet). If you buy a few cost is really low. They have 500mA with 5V. Board is set specially for that power supply.
At https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1496893.html you can find original text with files to downlad:
Kolorofon.scg - disco lights scg
Kolorofon.brd - disco lights brd
Polaczone.pdf - board sample ready to print

3 channels disco lights

Hi,
All things are very fine_up to the layout!!
YOU HAVE A LINE UNDER OPTOCOPLERS, NAERBY 230V Pins_ITS ABS. DANGEROUS_VORBIDEN!!
You must give here isolation distances i.e. conform to VDE & in your own interress...
If you wish it to sell: YOU MUST IT REDESIGN -need such other placement at optoccouplers....

R1/11/21/Rxx & C8/C9 are catastrophic in aspect placement- danger to life!!

K.

3 channels disco lights

At the very least move that track closer to the low voltage side to keep to the mains spacing rules and move those components as mentioned above.

2.5mm clearance should do if you lacquer/solder mask the boards.

Otherwise you may get flashover to the low voltage side, apart from the danger to life, it could seruosly damage your HIFI :D

Another thing is that you have no mounting holes?

They would need a good amount of clearance around them, or are you putting it in an enclosure with guides?

Do the TRIACS run OK without any form of heatsink?

But good idea for a project

(Oh and the link is not working for me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.