Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG analog front end (INA128 op amp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

houly

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ECG analog front end

Hi all
I'm interresting in relaslization of an ECG circuit. I found application that use instrumentation amplifier but i'm not familiar whith the sort of injection of voltage on the body. What is it ? why does is it necessary to do this ?

regards

here is an extract of the INA128 op amp datasheet.

Hi,
Pls consult such other engaged appl. notes too.
It is a referencing/guarding only, than you has very low level signals...
Some literature from Keithley can help for you too; although is wroten "only" generally for low(est) level sensing. http://www.keithley.eu.com, 6thEdition, "Low Level Measurements" Precision DC U/I & R measurements...
You can it on-line order with 2 other good books tooo.
K.

houly

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Active driven guard is not particularly required in ECG due to the limited frequency range and fair source impedance.
Common mode feedback respectively 3-electrode configuration is commonly used in ECG applications, as far as I know. It's also
a "serial" topic at edaboard. Apart from avoiding common mode overload of the input amplifier, it also reduces interferences
from power supply system. But ECG is your business rather than mine I guess, you should know the respective literature.

houly

you need to start to read some books, how about from this onword...

**broken link removed**

houly

hello,
thanks a lot for your replies, I'm not familiar with the reference/guarding
thanks for the link and reference book.

:)
Your welcome!
If you think, press down on "helped" pls.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.