Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synchronous circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepa1206

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I came across this question in one of the websites. Can anyone help me with the answer?

Design a circuit which generates the following pattern:

Thanks
Deepa

hi,

One simple way to do this is FSM.

other way is design updown counter and handle up count and downcont care fully it is not a big deal.

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Hi deepa1206,

Try this module.

Added after 3 minutes:

Sorry forgot to attach in the previous post.

deepa1206

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This can be easily done with synchronour counter design techniques using PS, NS table.
Refer any basic dugital books which explains counter design techniques.

Hope it helps.

regards,
freak

hi Shitansh

i understand that it can be done on the same model as up-down counter.. but that will require an additional input.. can this be done without an external input?

deepa1206 said:
i understand that it can be done on the same model as up-down counter.. but that will require an additional input.. can this be done without an external input?

Hi Deepa,

You need only theree inputs Clock, Reset and start, if you dont want to use third input start then also you can do it but in that way your module will generate continuous pattarn you want and you do not have control of start and stop.

Also as Syswip suggested you can do this by shifting, although I haven't take a look at code, but you can use that option also.

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back