Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi-functional development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymall

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
Happy new year everybody.
Recently i have found a very strong development board.I have to share with everyone.It is:
**broken link removed**
who have used this programmer ?

wizpic said:
I've never used it and the development does not look that good I would to prefer to buy the EasyPic6 board instead, More functions and more features

from here
https://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/easypic6/

I don't think the EasyPic6 board is good,Objectively speaking there is no worse than the EasyPic6 board.

I have bought one last year,and it often goes wrong.I hate it than everything.

I am trying to find one to instead it.

I guess it depends on what you want from a development board.

On the one side, you have the Arduino, which is hardly more than a processor with voltage regulator and USB-communication chip. For this board, you have to externally attach everything you need. The good thing is that it is small and cheap (fortunately, since it contains that little), you can also build it permanently in your applications.

At the other side, you have boards like EasyPICx, which contains (or has space reserved for) a lot of IO onboard: lots of buttons, switches, leds, room for LCD-displays, programmer, some sensors... However, because all of this, it doesn't come cheap, and you can't really call it compact. So it is basically meant for experimenting and developing (complex) projects.

And then there are a lot of boards between these two extremes, which fill the gap. You have e.g. development boards from olimex, or the board from **broken link removed**. The advantage from the latter is that it is still compact, but that it already contains usefull IO, such as leds, buttons, LCD display, motordriver, USB communication, ... If you want to build for example a robot, you don't need much additional stuff with such a board, and its compactness makes it more "mobile".

So, it depends on what kind of developer/hobbyist you are: if you want to make most of the hardware yourself, or if your focus is more on developing and testing programming code, or if you just want to get quickly and easy started with real projects.

Another important aspect I think is if there is good support for the board (documentation, schematics, forum), and for beginners that there are some good tutorials available. This is the case for some popular boards (Arduino, EasyPIC, Dwengo) but many boards don't offer this level of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.