Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulations versus reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mersault

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I'm making a project in ISE software..
I've made behavioral simulation and post-route simulation of the top module.. with the ise simulator..

my questions are..

- post route simulation give me the exact behavior that my project will have when i download it to the FPGA?
if the answer is not...
- there's is a simulation (or a simulator) to see that behavior (the REAL behavior)?
- Modelsim is better than ISE simulator?

thank you for all
Greetings

Hi,

If is simulation your code is working properly exactly define is specification then 90% chace is it will work on hardware (FPGA), but some times due to coding style you used in modeling gives simulation and synthesis mismatch.

If you want exactly same behaviour which will be obtained in hardware when you donwload it, than you can do simulation with your synthesized netlist.

Yes modelsim is better simulation tool then ISE.

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

if you are doing post place and rout simulation than almost it will be same as on particular fpga...

If you are planing to put design on FPGA than its ok you can use ISE post place and rout simulation it will give very pin point idea of final behaviour... and it mostly work... I never felt difference even in high speed designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back