Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to pic programming , help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilheart

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i worked before with 8252 Atmel

but i am new to pic programming , so i want some advices to begin with pic 16

any one can give me a good free C compiler , that can work for pic 16 and other pics , i have already downloaded MPlab ,

i need also a good programming kit (can work for many pics specially pic 16) that uses USB and a pc program for sending via USB , i don't know what are the components available here in the local stores , so i hope just the components won't be hard to find.

Download Hi-Tech PICC compiler for PIC16 and PICC18 compiler for PIC18 Microcontrollers...

Trial version might be available from its website... just google... else send a PM.. i'll send u link..

for Programmer, you can purchase MPLAB ICD2 from Microchip.com or you can find a Clone of ICD2 circuits in this Forum... search this forum

Some nice tutorials to get you started with PIC18F can be found **broken link removed**. As vijay s said, you can use the C18 from microchip with these PICs, which is explained in the tutorials. The free version of this compiler is completely functional with no code-size limitations. Only some compiler optimizations are disabled, but you will not notice this for normal usage.

Other possibilty for 16F PICs is the CSS lite compiler, which is also free and can also be integrated in MPLAB (the free version has also some compiler optimizations disabled, the same holds for the free version of the HiTech C compiler).

A much cheaper option for the ICD2 programmer/debugger from microchip is the very popular PICkit2, also from microchip. It support practically all PICs in the product range of microchip. It really is an excellent programmer, and can also debug PICs in circuit. Since microchip has made the source code and schematics open and free to download, you can find compatible, but cheaper PICkit2 clones around, e.g. **broken link removed**.

i think Proton IDE is the most simplest and the best one. buts sorry to say that its not free.

Hi evilheart,
If you want a free C compiler, check out mikroC from mikroElektronika. The free version is limited to 2k program, but it should be enough for basic to intermediate projects.

thnx guys
sry 4 the late reply
can anyone give me a schematic and layout of one of these programmers?
i want just to make it not to buy it

Search for PicKit2 clone in this forum. But u have to program master MC for PicKit2. You can use old parallel port programmer for programming PIC18F2550(Master MC).

Try this

evilheart

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.