Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Management IC? what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipyd

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PMIC? what is it?

could anyone here explain about power management IC? i really want to know its fundamentals but don't know where to start.. does anyone have any literature that i could read?

thank y'all

Re: PMIC? what is it?

Battery (or better: accumulator) management with gas-gauging, LDOs, USB power supplies, audio output drivers, timing control, reset control, and a lot more.

See the appropriate docu from the semiconductor industry. Below pls. find an (older) overview on this.

Merry Christmas!

ipyd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@erikl : thanks for your sharing documents. but, i still don't get what PMIC is. do you have any e-book or something that tells about it. i really need it, because i'm planning to go to graduate school and i found this PMIC is kind of interesting for research.

i just wanna know what exactly we deal with when doing research in this field.. is analog ic design or something like software design which manage power at software-level ?

ipyd said:
do you have any e-book or something that tells about it.
Sorry, no. Just search through the Power Management docs of the appropriate semiconductor manufacturers like NS, TI, ON, Atmel, Intersil, Maxim, Diodes, Zetex ...
as I suggested above (and did a few years before, s. my .zip directory above).

Thank you for having clicked the "helped me" button!

ipyd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@erikl: ok, then... that's OK.. but thanks anyway for replying my post..

download it and take a look!!

@markli,
Sorry, but I cannot belief that it is more valued info to Pwr Management! A pitty for downloading points...
K.

karesz said:
Sorry, but I cannot belief that it is more valued info to Pwr Management! A pitty for downloading points... K.
Did you read the full presentation, or just the first 10 pages? After this economics stuff, I think the technical leftovers provide quite a good overview about what is done in PM!
Thanks a lot, markli (even it's confidential stuff)! erikl

Hi Erikl & nichts für Ungut!
I scrolled/checked trough it, but we can it see/note differently-of course:)...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back