Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

momentum artwork and primitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, there
I have a question about momentum simulation. Suppose I have three layout design with the same shape and substrate and port setting. These designs are shown below as you can see them, all of them is nothing about two microstrip lines with different width connect together. Only I construct them with different ways, the first one is composed of two MLIN lines connected by one MSTEP. the second one is two MLIN lines connected directly with the MSTEP btw them. the third one is manually drawn without using any system-defined artwork. I simulated all these cases, and got different result. (I simulate them each in a separate design for fear that momentum should calculate the coupling btw them), My question is which design is more accurate to the real situation?

Thanks

design
57_1261142839.png

result
65_1261142883.png

That is interesting. There should be no difference when you simulate the design in Momentum, because the artwork should be exactly the same. Have you looked at the Momentum mesh? Can you post the Momentum mesh for each case? It could be that it is meshing things differently in each case, leading to different results. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back