Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

>>Problem with strings in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyhtidas

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...
i am using one array ...Array[12]... here i am passing values one by one..
say.... 'A','9','0',' ','X','3','6','0'.... (see one space is there in between ) ... And at one condition i need to check
that the string 'A90' is there or not and string 'X360' is there or not using an
SWITCH condition.... here i got troubled here ....
friends pls tell some logic....

If you put your case like

case "A90":

then that is not going to work. Switch statement works on integers only.

Adding to GSMman's comment:
And don't forget if-else statements

Thank you very much...
I got the problem solved...
I don't know about the function strstr()
......Thanks a lot..

Joyhtidas said:
I don't know about the function strstr()
If you are going to program in 'C' you should familiarize yourself with the "ANSI C standard library". This is a set of functions supplied with most C compilers. It includes funcitons for I/O, math, string manipulation, type conversion, etc. Using these functions can save you a lot of development effort and improve the portablity of your code.

You can serch the web for references - this Wikipedia entry is a good introduction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_standard_library

You can simply do it by using a for loop and if-else statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back