Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DispDom by byrrt = entry phone display build on siemens disp

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Entry phone is typical for analog system 5+n. As a ouside cassete we chose product by "Impuls" - mail box with entry phone. I must say that this is very nice box, with very poor electronics. Slot for name perfect suite for display.

Siemens SDA5708 is quite typical display made in LED technology, it has 8 half 7x5 pixels. Each pixel is steering independently - display doesn't have symbols generator. Becouse of small size of slot I resign from 2 marks and all text I display on 6 middle marks.

System functions:
- scroll display (like: street name, Marry Christmas and so)
- information about sending signal : house call
- while electro-fastener is being open, display show's that
- extension time of gate open and call signal
- possibility of changing displayed text by RS485
- interference into original entry phone system is very small

System is build on ATMega32 processor, L5973 converter and SDA5708 display. At 6 pin connector we have two digital inputs (0-12V upgraded to 12V), power pin 9-16V and RS485 port. On second side of board we have two OC output for steering relay of electro - fastener. On the board is ferreed switch with output we plug instead original call button. Inputs, outputs, power and RS485 are secure against electrostatic discharge and disturbance from clamping diodes, varistors, buffers. Our board is placed instead original with diodes that lighten street name and with call button. Display is hide follow glass. All electrics is secure from water by lacquer. From mailbox to house, goes 2 wires - first to entry home, second to my system. At house I have box with port RS485 so I can connect with laptop. To make new text we can use some terminal program like Putty. Text is write in EEPROM memory and could have 255 marks.
Project is made in Protel99SE program, program write in WinAVR.

More info at:
https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1510654.html?sid=e0adce6a00d7fe31f546a57aa8964a7d

Status
Not open for further replies.