Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touch Switch - please explain me the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb5416

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Touch Switch

Hi,

I have tested on the circuit that I found from website(**broken link removed**).

It works perfectly.Can anyone explain to me the details of how the circuit works?

Thanks.

Re: Touch Switch

Pin 1 is held high by R3. When a current flows through R2 to ground (between the touch contacts) the logic level on pin 1 changes to low.

This makes pin 3 change state and charges C1. U1B is connected as an inverter so as C1 charges, the current through it pulls pins 5 & 6 high and makes pin 4 go low. this resets the output of U1A low again. So each time you touch the contacts you get a pulse at the output while C1 charges, the value of C1 sets the pulse length.

You should really connect a diode across R1 to protect U1B. There is a risk that when the output goes low, residual charge on C1 will take pins 5 & 6 below ground potential and cause damage.

Brian.

Re: Touch Switch

Thank you Brian, I appreciate it.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back