Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Etching - draft machine by Duch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It's a typical glass construction 4mm thin. Inside dimensions : 30x24x3,5cm. I guess that you will critic for 3,5cm, but it's because heater that i bought. Heater has 80W and 3cm wide. Time to reach right heat by liquid is about 30-50minutes depends on how much you need. It's ok for me, cause meanwhile I can recapture PCB and prepare to etch. Because of evaporate liquid I limit temperature to 35 0C - enough for etching PCB. Simple thermostat works on Armed8. Temperature sensor is DC18b20 chipset with isolation against etch liquid. Device has secure against work without temperature sensor. If it find now sensor, or temperature 0 or 850C, pump and heater stops. This error is display as you can see above

Temperature displaying thanks to 8 LED diodes that can indicate 28-35 0C.
Atmega has got functions:
- temperature control and display
- heater steering (if lower then 35 heater is on)
- aerify (to mix liquid). If temperature is lower than 33, pump works every 10 seconds for 10 seconds. If temperature is higher, pump works continuously.
- thermostat steering. If temperature reach 35, heater is off and driver wait till temp goes to 34 then again turn the heater on.
- testing communication with temperature sensor and display that error if exist.

All stuff I need to buy :
- aerifer
-heater
- 2 m pipe
- glazier
- silicones
Rest elements I already had.

Text came from
https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1465095.html

Is silicone going to be good enough to resist the warm Ferric ?

Looks good enough for home use, how will you get boards out?
How about getting a it of plastic mesh material, folding it over and attaching to a perspex lid to make a dip basket you can put the PCB in, lower it in to hold it just above the heater then lift the lid to rmove the PCB.

Can I suggest another bit of perspex with lots of holes in it, laid on top of the heater so that whatever you drop in does not get stuck alongside the heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.