Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enfora GPRS HTTP Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curro

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

I'm using an Enfora Enabler IIIE GSM/GPRS/EDGE (EDG0308AT001) module to try to make a HTTP request to a web site, basically I want to send a parameter to a web site like:

www.anything.com/index.php?Data=23

But I'm actually having problems since I can't find which command to use to send the HTTP request after I've defined a PDP context and all the other GPRS settings are alright.

I've searched for documentation and several sites mention to have used the following command to do the HTTP request on an Enfora modem and in other modems too:

AT+CIPSEND

But when I send that AT command, the modem responds with ERROR, I think that command is not recognized by the modem since other commands that begin with AT+CIP* also respond with errors.

I'm pretty sure that the GRPS configuration is alright because when I send the AT$NETIP? command the modem responds with 3 IP addresses.

I would like to know if someone can help me telling me what command to use to do the HTTP request, this is the command sequence I'm trying:

// Define PDP context
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.itelcel.com","0.0.0.0",0,0

// Minimum QoS
AT+CGQMIN=1,0,0,0,0,0

// Requested QoS
AT+CGQREQ=1,0,0,3,0,0

// User and pasword
AT%CGPCO=1,"webgrps,webgrps2002",0

// Auto GPRS registration
AT$AREG=2

// Write to memory
AT&W

// Reset modem
AT$RESET

// Verify GPRS status (responds with %CGREG: 0,1)
AT%CGREG?

// Verify GRPS activation (responds with 3 different IP addresses)
AT$NETIP?

// NETIP verification (responds with "no PDP reject cause")
AT$CGEER

// Modem name
AT$MDMID=”MT_Test”

// IP address that I want to use for the HTTP request:
AT$FRIEND=1,1,”189.161.103.96”

// Port
AT$UDPAPI=,80

// Message (responds OK but I don't know if it sends something)
AT$MSGSND=2,"HTTP Request here"

AT$WAKEUP=1,1

Thanks in advance for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.