Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get 100W vacuum tube amplifier for low price

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Two channel amplifier

Here you can find answer for question - how to get 100W vacuum tube amplifier for low price. Construction is based on few diagrams. Firstly I wanted to make something similar to popular amplifiers, but there are so many of it and I wanted to have my own. Amplifier has got two channels -clear- and adjustaible distortion from low to high similar to Santana. At back pannel are outputs for effects and power switcher, that could turn down power for about 50%.
-Clear- channel is really clear. It has tone regulation for treble, middle, bass, for distortion extra bass regulation. At clear channel I used tremolo. I used ECC83 vacuum tubes - 5 piece, EL34 - 4 piece. Safety system is delayed with of anode voltage, cathode fuse with LED - one per two vacuum tubes, speaker's transformer protect by varistor with diodes against high voltage on winding, before switch while playing.
Speakers resistor is 8-16 Ohm. Typical voltage on vacuum tube, only on EL34 to 650V but it goes down to 560 with full distortion ( power on ground 90W - musical? )
On the right green switchers for channel and effects, LED diodes for channels. On the left power switch and info LED's - red is grid, green is anode, coolers are from PC, they are powered by DC from glowing lamps - it makes them quiet.

Full description at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1481887.html[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.