Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Systemverilog Testbenches: bind program blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey480

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All,

I am using the Cadence simulation toolset (ncelab, ncvlog) and trying to bind individual test programs to my testbench, but I am encountering problems at elaboration.

For example, i have

Code:
module top_tb();

my_device dut();

my_test test();

endmodule

And I also have

Code:
program test_a;

//stuff

endprogram
and

Code:
program test_b;

//stuff

endprogram

I want to be able to elaborate and run either test_a or test_b in testbench top_tb at the test() instantiation.

Any insight?

Thanks.

Pass in a processor directive my_test to be either test_a or test_b from the command line.

So instead
my_test test();
becomes
`my_test test();

casey480

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
RBB said:
Pass in a processor directive my_test to be either test_a or test_b from the command line.

So instead
my_test test();
becomes
`my_test test();

Thanks, that works well.

But what if your test program has no ports, and drives everything via a commonly instanced module? Can you use configs & lib maps with the cadence tool set? It would be nice to have everything compiled into one library, and then run programs at will.

Added after 1 minutes:

ljxpjpjljx said:
Can anyone suggest goode SV methodology flow?

Can you be more specific? Test methodology? RTL development? Here is a good SV verification book:

https://www.amazon.com/SystemVerilo...h-Language/dp/0387765298/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

SV methodology , you should definitely go for OVM.

Cheers,
eChipDesign

=====================================================
eChip Design Labs
VLSI Training for Verilog and System Verilog
Nagercoil, TamilNadu

**broken link removed**

=====================================================

casey480 said:
RBB said:
But what if your test program has no ports, and drives everything via a commonly instanced module? Can you use configs & lib maps with the cadence tool set? It would be nice to have everything compiled into one library, and then run programs at will.

If you have the energy to investigate, I highly recommend you look at OVM - its test (OVM_TESTNAME) mechanism is precisely meant for this. I don't know how well it works on IUS< but works fine on Questa and VCS. We use them in our trainings and OVM is selling like hot-cake indeed!

Ajeetha, CVC
www.cvcblr.com/blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back