Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap amplifier 2x650W/8 Ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
joy_pl said:

Assumption:
Amplifier/power amp, power - 2x600 -700W with 8 Ohm, as cheap as it's possible

Preparations:
8 Ohm impedance need high voltage, so I need expensive high voltage condensers, that's why I choose bridge amplifier, which can solute to problems...
Next stage was to find good transformer (of course it is easy to order one, but luckily I found some second hand with power abut 1,4 kWi power 4x45V(8,5A) and 3x19V(0,5A) so it was perfect.
Power amp, simple N-mosfet Irka".

Description:
Power supply is transformer plus two bridges, although all four phase windings should be the same, I wanted to coupled them behind bridge rectifier. Filtering is 6x4 700uF/63V each side. After place current terminal, current at four endings is +/-62,5V so almost exactly for condenser...
Additional phase winding 19V I used for: two of them for symmetrical power preamplifier (+/-12V), third one as a power for soft start (12V), safety system (12V), and ventilators (16V)
Safety system is responsible for protection the amplifier against: direct current voltage at output (DC), overheating (1000C), overloading (signal from power amp).

Preamplifier in fact buffer, cause that's his real function, additional there is also system that indicate apparition of signal at input (0,02Vpp)
Power amp Very similar to this one https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic484480.html
Summary
- power about 2x650W/8 Ohm
- limiter
- safety system: DC, overload, overheat
- column loudspeaker delay
- symmetric input : XLR, jack ( also possibility to connect unsymmetrical signal)

More information at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/v...&start=0&sid=b5ecc2b04169c39284bf4ba29c6873c6[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.