Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Air Soldering Iron Station witch grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Forced with need of possession of Hot Air station, i had to choose between, to make or to buy?. Of course i chose "to make".
I tried to find some project at the internet, but I couldn't find anything interesting. That's pulled me to make it by myself. It should be cheep as a dirt machine, so I used a lot of elements from old un-useful things like casing after 3- phase plug, empty bottle of Pepsi, old transformer, curtain rail and more.
The biggest problem is a heater with grab and the blower.
I used 56V heater. It has two reasons : first I had 2x28V 300W transformer, second, it is much easier to crop up this kind of heater. The frame for heater was an accessory plate.
After right cut the framework, I made grooves. The space between grooves was 2,5mm. I placed an resistory wire in to that grooves., thanks to them, the wire can't move and he is isolating from the metal pipe.
Additionally the heater is isolating from pipe by teflon-coated (You can also use an accessory plate from old hair dryer)
The heater is wrap around by resistor wire
Connection between resistor wire and electric wire I made thanks to clenches funnel
To make a blower I tried ventilator from old hair dryer - but it doesn't satisfied my. A compressor for a Chinese soldering iron station called hot air auye smth. - again not good.
Next chance was a car hoover
As a result of my work, I got very well working Hot Air Soldering Iron Station, with extra function - a negative pressure grab, which is great help while working with very small elements.

More at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1449312.html

Status
Not open for further replies.