Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tube square wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

analognow

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm running a tube with specs similar to a 12ax at lower voltage (15-30v), and I want to build a tube square wave generator, hopefully with only one tube. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Leon

Avoid cross posting! I already suggested a multivibrator circuit. In my opinion, a voltage gain of > +1 is needed to design
a relaxation oscillator or multivibrator. It can't work with only one tube (unless you utilize a transformer).

You can make with one tube - resonant circuit and then place saturation circuit.
Is not relaxation oscillator, but it works.
(keep in mind that resonant circuit plays the role of transformer in amplitude tranbsformation ratio)

Best regards.

The 12AX7 is actually 2 triodes in a single package, so it can be used as a multivibrator. Can't say whether it will work at such low voltages, but it likely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.