Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZIGBEE AND MICROCONTROLLERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosme2010

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!.. the last week i bought a zigBee kit.. now i want to prove that, my idea is to do a monitoring system... then i wanto to connect a Zigbee to microcontroller, and that microcontroller can extratc the data from Rx pin of Zigbee, and use those information to send a response later... the response will be send to another Zigbee module, wich will be connected to a sensor.. temperature sensor...

well, i'am beginner in this.. then i expect some information, about how to connect the zigbbe with the microcontroller, etc, etc ....

THANK YOU

Sorry brother. Your problem is quiet unclear. Can you plz post a block diagram of what you want to do. I could be of some help to you because i have worked with zigbee networks. But to help you i need to precisely understand what you want to do!!!

sorry... ok i did a little diagram in word.. i hope this could help u to understand my conflict.. hehe

then, in the SERVER, i will connect a microcontroler unit with a zigbee module, this microcontroller will manage the network between the xbee's.

in the CLIENT, the xbee module will be connected to the sensor's circuit... this sensor could be a sensor of temperature or humidity... well that's not the point... when the sensor get catch some information in the environment... this sensor's circuit will send that -change information of environment- to the xbee module...later, the xbee module in the client will send that -change information of environment- to the SERVER... the server will receive the information from the CLIENT.... this information will go to the microcontroller... and finally the microcontroller will do SOMETHING with that information... something about monitoring, i m not sure what sort of operations i will use with that information from the CLIENT, but this is not the point for the moment...

i just want to connect the microcontroler with the xbee in the SERVER ando connect the server with the CLIENT... it is not necesary to connect the sensor to the xbee in the client even... i could simulate that with binary or analogic entrances generated by me...

well that's all.. hehe .. thanks for response.. i hope u can help me.. ;) bye and THANKS A LOT:D:D:D

There was a reply from user "shree4u" posted wrongly in report system.

shree4u said:
just do onething u can intewrface with zigbee module with ur controller in serial communication for example ur interfacing one sensor to microcontroller and that data is goint to be transmited one zigbee module with controller use cross cabel to interface controller with zigbee

I am also having trouble interfacing the xbee to the explorer 16 board, can you proivde me with some guidance on what the way to interface this and with any smaple code on how the programming will work this will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.