Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVR32 program crashes when variable is read - v strange prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebmaster

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In the program for my AVR32 I have a state machine, within this state machine there is the case:

Code:
case  	10:
	usart_putchar(usart,ACK);
	graphicsSetLVDStxEnable(currentLVDS);
	currentLVDS = currentMemoryBank;

state = 1;
	break;

This code works at the moment (currentMemoryBank is just another variable used to prove a point), however should I add any code which causes the variable currentLVDS to be given a new value based on itself, for example:

Code:
	if(currentLVDS)
		currentLVDS = 0;
	else
		currentLVDS = 1;

or:
Code:
currentLVDS = (int)(currentLVDS == 1);

It freezes up on the second execution of that case.

I have determined it freezes up after a long session of placing various breakpoints around and trying different bits of code because the debugger just exits with an error "bad file descriptor" and no more information.

I'm at a loss for words with this one, anyone seen anything like it?

EDIT: The variable is within scope and its not a pointer/reference or anything of the sort. The code is a word-for-word copy of another lot within the same state machine that works fine, just with one variable and one function name changed.

I know the function isnt causing the problem because if I rewrite this section to assign currentLVDS anything but a function of itself, it works fine indefinately through multiple calls.

Also:
Code:
			currentLVDS2 = currentLVDS;
			currentLVDS = (int)(!currentLVDS2);
Works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back