Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral antenna simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
although this thread is old one but can anybody help me in designing of spiral antenna?also i have a question that if i design a square spiral then it will be archmedian spiral and not log spiral then its design equation will be same as that of archmedian? plz help me in designing it.if someone has hfss file of square spiral plz send me

- - - Updated - - -

hi,
although this thread is old one but can anybody help me in designing of spiral antenna?also i have a question that if i design a square spiral then it will be archmedian spiral and not log spiral then its design equation will be same as that of archmedian? plz help me in designing it.if someone has hfss file of square spiral plz send me

You could try **broken link removed**. Here you have a microstrip spiral example:
ANSOFv3-Spiral.jpg

Re: spiral antennas

Please, do you know how to find the "Polarization" of an antenna after HFSS finishes simulation ?

After far field simulation, you can choose Far field report/ polarization ratio.

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please explain in detail? How would i know the antenna i have designed is vertically polarized/horizontally polarized or circularly polarized relating to polarization ratio pattern in hfss.

1. After "Computing Antenna Parameters" you can see LHCP Gain and RHCP Gain separately in antenna parameters table.
2. choose Results/create far field report. You can plot LHCP/RHCP Gain, Directivity and ... and determine the antenna polarization by comparing.

hi,
can anybody guide me how to calculate radiation pattern of antenna from hfss to use those values in ray tracing optics?i have no idea about it,if anyone know plz help me.i read a paper in whcih they use radiation calculated by hfss for ray tracing and find electric field of antenna plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me in this regard

Thanks hosein_rabiee_g for your quick reply. How can i identify polarization by comparing LHCP and RHCP Gain? Have i also check LHCP & RHCP to identify vertical/horizontal polarization. And how to check dual polarization? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back