Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple 48v(at)20A SMPS - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfox750

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
48v@20A SMPS

hi All,

I've got that new STE40NK90ZD super mosfet models it's rated 900v@40A

i want to design SMPS with input 350VDC and output 40VDC @ 20A

it's about 800 watt SMPS, i want to know if i can use fly back topology with 1 mosfet or i had to use half bridge for that?

also any schematics for such SMPS are welcome

I'm planning also on using the TL494 as PWM as i have many and read a bit about it if there is better PWM also please tell me

I want it as simple as it can be , i also have the transformer ready

thanks all

for that you need full bridge.
becasue it is high current .......also you need synchronous diodes so you reduce loss

can't i simply use half bridge like computer smps and use powerful IGBTs with no isolation between PWM and IGBTs gate, or parallel more than one in half bridge configuration?

For 800W output its ok an half-bridge with 2xIRFP460 mos-fet's,or STE40NK90ZD super mosfets.

Don't need synchronous rectification for output.Its ok an dual 30A/200V fast recovery diode.
For PMW IC its better an SG3525 IC than TL494.
For schematic check diyaudio forum.You find lots of schematics there.

Status
Not open for further replies.